Maybe many are not aware but the cell phone that we always use every day must contain lots of germs. Especially in the midst of this corona virus outbreak .
Some studies even found that our cell phone contains 10 times more germs than a toilet seat.
A study in 2019 also found that the corona virus can survive on surfaces such as glass and plastic for 9 days. So it’s important to always clean your smartphone every day.
Not only does hand washing have to be done properly, cleaning the cell phone also has its own way. Here are tips and ways to clean up your cellphone to prevent the corona virus:
- Unplug all cables connected to your cellphone, for example headphones or a charger.
- Turn off the cellphone, so do the cleaning in a cellphone condition that is not active.
- Wash your hands first, because it’s useless to continue this tutorial if your hands are still dirty.
- If you use a protective case, remove the cellphone from the case. Don’t forget to clean the case too.
- Prepare a microfiber cloth, soap and water. Dissolve the soap in water and dip a microfiber cloth in the solution.
- Use microfiber that is slightly wet to wipe the screen and the back of the phone carefully. Do not allow liquid to enter the headphone jack or charger port.
- When finished, clean the phone with a clean, dry microfiber. Soap and water are simple but very effective in eradicating bacteria and viruses from cellphones.
- You can also use UV light to clean your cellphone, but this method can make the cellphone experience discoloration.
- There are some materials which should not be used to clean your cellphone because they can cause screen problems. For example alcohol, vinegar, dry tissue to wet tissue.
- Use a cotton bud to clean smaller areas such as cameras, ports or buttons.
- Dry the cell phone with it aerated on a clean surface for approximately 30 minutes. After that you can replace the casing or other cables.